Thursday 8 May 2008

Final Blog !!

Age?
27

Sex?

Female

What is your degree subject (both if joint)?

Psychology

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?

Yes

If so, how? And if not, why not?

Because it relates to behaviour

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?

I think it is an appropriate level

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?

Yes, and very interesting

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?

I think binge drinking would be good because it is becoming a common problem

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?

Yes

What did you think of the module team?

The module team were very good.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?

No

Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?

Yes

Information and talk from lecturers?

No

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?

I think Being Bad has been such a broad module it needs to draw on all these disciplines.

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?

Yes

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?

Yes, as said earlier I think you could not do it without various, other disciplines.

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?

Yes

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?

Not sure, if I have electives to choose I may consider doing that module

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?

Yes, it’s been fun

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?

They are a good idea but a little demanding to keep on top of

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?

Personally, I would have preferred to write one long essay because I found the creative piece quite difficult

What have you learned from the module?

I have learned not to always judge people on first impressions. I know that because someone can be bad, this doesn’t make the whole person and I think the same can be said for a lot of the subjects covered.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?

I have found the web logs probably most useful because you get to put across your own opinion as well as reading what other people think on a particular subject

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?

I think the creative writing was a bit of a waste of time because I don’t think I will ever write fiction again

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?

I have enjoyed doing this module but got a bit annoyed with all the talking that went on during the lectures. All the other lectures I attend would not put up with all the chatter and would send the offenders out of the lecture because it really does disturb other people’s learning, but apart from that, I think it has been well worth doing!

No comments: